BBS

Treasons Reach

+1-716-344-11XX

Online between 1992 and 1995. Some background info by the former sysop available here.

From bbslist.textfiles.com; "I started BBSing with roboboard bbs, which probably was the precursor to the webs graphical interface. 256 colors, animations, buttons, full screen graphics display. Unfortunetly the interface was to slow for our 1200 baud modems. I switched to a text interface using ansi animations, the 400 line 30k scrolling animations :) After playing around with different boards (renegade, pcboard, wildcat, AXiS, celeberety, etc) I finally settled with ViSiON/X because the programmer responded to messages on improvements. It wasnt bloated, had the few features I wanted. the bbs was only online nights, and weekends, and mainly was used to play tradewars 2002, and LORD. It did however get me into computer graphics and programming, by giving me access to the demo scenes, and people with my same interests. lets face it the computer was a bit boring stand alone back in the late 80s early 90s befor the net. The bbs went down after the internet became local in our town, thanksgiving '95 :) Ive actually installed the software several times since then just to play around with it (still stored on my 120/250 colorado tape drive tapes) It was fun while it lasted, and i sort of wish that bbs's were still in use. The scene was definatly fun while it lasted, and sysoping a board just seems to have a bit of magic, that chatting on a online messaging service or on a irc program just doesnt seem to beable to capture." - Narmacil"

Staff

Affiliated with

Last edited on 26 May 2022 by menace. See all edits