**The Meteoriks are back!**
Just like in the previous years, the Meteoriks awards set out to honor the best productions of the year 2017, and again we're striving for a very open process by asking everyone to apply to become part of our juries!
Unlike last year, we're going to hit the ground running with a full set of categories. We were sitting on such a huge pile of great suggestions you sent us over the previous years, we decided to skip polling your for category proposals, look at the existing pile with a group of seasoned sceners and extract a set of categories that cover a wide range of topics as well as all productions of 2017. Given the rather sparse participation in the Public Choice category over the last two years, we also decided to leave that category out this year.
All in all, we ended up with nine categories and without further ado, we present
**THE METEORIKS 2018 CATEGORIES**
* **New Talent** - The group or individual scener that made their most memorable entrance in 2017
* **Best Soundtrack** - The production with the best soundtrack
* **Best Visuals** - The production with the most beautiful and impressive art style, graphics, effects, modeling, texturing, color scheme, ...
* **Best Direction** - The production with the best overall cohesion, camerawork, atmosphere, pacing, story, ...
* **Outstanding Technical Achievement** - The production that most dropped our jaws as it was previously deemed impossible
* **Best Low-End Production** - The overall best production on a low-end platform
* **Best Small High-End Intro** - The overall best production in 8k or less
* **Best High-End 64k Intro** - The overall best production in 64k or less
* **Best High-End Demo** - The overall best production between 64k and INFINITY!
And, we need your help!
"We" - right now that is just the Meteoriks organizing team. We cannot and should not decide on the categories, the award nominees and, ultimately, the winners of the Meteoriks Awards for 2018, and that's why we need **you** to sign up to be part of the jury! You know you want to!
Just so you know what you're getting yourselves into, these are your duties as jurors:
* Review last year's productions in any way you see fit for your category
* Identify up to five nominees
* Choose a winner
* One member out of each jury should represent their category on stage during the awards show
Still interested? Great, go here: https://www.meteoriks.org/taking_part/juror - and do it before Sunday, February 11th as that's our deadline for juror applications!
Our jurors will have to wade through a truckload of prods to find worthy nominees, so they can use all the help they can get in finding the true gems in 2017's productions. You can all help them by submitting the prods you think are super worthy of receiving a Meteorik at https://www.meteoriks.org/taking_part/recommend
And so it starts! Head on to https://www.meteoriks.org/ and start participating!
This is going to be fun!
- The Meteoriks Team