Discussions

Demozoo Event: The Weekend of Screenshots, december 15-17th!

menace - 08:50 18 November 2017 #

On the weekend of december 15th to the 17th, we invite you to come hang out and make sure we boost our screenshots to astronomical levels! There are a bunch of older productions that need some love, as well as some more contemporary ones - demos, intros, musicdisks, slideshows, diskmags and graphics compos. And did we mention we support art for music now? There are heaps of multiscreen productions with a single screenshot. Productions with low-resolution screenshots, and not to mention - so many productions completely without screenshots.

So, it is our hope that we can gather as much of the community as possible on this particular weekend and collaborate. We have a quite awesome community going on at Slack, and the idea is; someone can not get something to run, they ask for assistance. Either we can help, or someone else can get it going. You're having trouble configuring an emulator? Chances are someone in the team knows a thing or two about that particular platform.

Let's make our pages even more beautiful.

- We support screenshots of any size. 4K? No problem. We scale down to your screen.
- We support multiple screenshots, and automatically generate mosaics of any production that has 4 or more shots available.
- We support native upload of most retro formats through direct support for Recoil (http://recoil.sourceforge.net/). So, just upload those .iff's or any other supported format directly - no need to convert it to png or some other web format.
- We support artwork for music entries. That means, you can upload screenshots of executable music entries for instance, or "cover art" of any kind that may be associated with a track for say, Spotify or Bandcamp usage.

Any questions? ASK! :)

sensenstahl - 19:10 18 November 2017 #

\o/

Dynamika - 23:21 21 November 2017 #

Thanks, will help

menace - 06:32 13 December 2017 #

So - good morning! We have an event upcoming this weekend, I hope as many of you as possible are able to screenshot some things before then! I am hoping to put together an article of sorts about screenshotting for various platforms in the next couple of days, and getting it online for friday. In the meantime, if anyone has anything they'd like to contribute to something like that (any obscure platform whose emulator you are very familiar with, or a tool that is super-useful that I may not be aware of?) then shout at me :)

exocet - 19:14 13 December 2017 #

Sounds good! I have family visiting that weekend, but I'll try to find a little bit of time to contribute.

menace - 07:38 15 December 2017 #

Good morning!

We're kicking the weekend off with an article on how WE like to take our screenshots - it's by no means the law, but hopefully it provides some good hints and tips on how to proceed. It's only Windows and Atari systems for now, we'll be adding information on more platforms during the day today!

https://demozoo.org/pages/screenshots/

menace - 12:22 15 December 2017 #

Updated with information for C64 screenshots.

menace - 14:10 15 December 2017 #

Now, everyone - the following report will hopefully be of use to you this weekend: https://demozoo.org/maintenance/prods_without_screenshots

No HTML or BBCode please. URLs will be link-ified