Discussions

demozoo cemetery question

rmd - 14:31 16 January 2020 #

I'm wondering: Is there some kind of policy that gets dead ppl to be removed from their groups?
I find it quite weird, like isn't jim morrison still a member of the doors? Isn't jesus still a member of christianity?

menace - 06:30 18 January 2020 #

No, Jim Morrison was not a member of the The Doors after his untimely demise. In fact, they released three more albums as a band later. But picking apart the examples is neither here nor there - I just happened to know the answer to that one.

In our estimation, you can not be an active, participating member of a group after you have died. We have chosen not to make a delineation between people who have passed on and not.

rmd - 09:10 22 January 2020 #

In the long term, you're losing the info "what were the last groups from this person" which doesn't make sense to me.
PS: This coder is being active from heaven with some impressive regularity: https://demozoo.org/sceners/2589/

hedning - 12:20 13 February 2020 #

rmd: That logic only works in the necrocracy North Korea, where Kim Il-sung still is the "Eternal leader" even if he died in 1994. Of course you can't be a member of a group after you die. You could still be credited in productions however, if your works are used after your death. We have the same policy over at CSDb, and it wasn't even a discussion over it, as it's common sense.

Saga_Musix - 12:30 13 February 2020 #

> In the long term, you're losing the info "what were the last groups from this person" which doesn't make sense to me.

You generally lose some information if the time during which a person was active in a specific group is not recorded, no matter if they are alive or not. Maybe *that* is what you are actually after?

No HTML or BBCode please. URLs will be link-ified